Schedule Every Sunday
- Sunday School: 9:00-10:00 AM. Classes for infants through adults
- Worship Celebration: 10:15 AM. Nursery and children’s worship activities available. (Nursery for infants up to age 3. Children’s Worship is for children aged 3 up to 3rd grade.)
- Youth VBS Decorating Night– All youth are invited out on Friday, June 23 from 6 pm to 9 pm to help decorate the building for VBS. Pizza will be provided!
- VBS Teacher Training– On Sunday, June 25, there will be a teacher training session for VBS helpers after the worship service.
- Mighty Fortress VBS– Mark your calendars for Sunday, July 9 through Thursday, July 13, 6:30-8:30 pm. There will be games, singing, Bible stories, crafts, and much more! The children will learn that “In Jesus, the Victory is Won!” Registration begins at 5:45 pm on Sunday, July 9. You may also register ahead of time online at this link: www.vbsmate.com/mtvernonvbs. Our closing program will be held on Thursday evening, along with an ice cream social.
- Worship at Black Rock– On Sunday, August 6, our worship service will be held at the Oakwood Pavilion at Black Rock Retreat, beginning at 10:30 am. A Fellowship picnic will follow, along with afternoon activities at the pool and lake.
- Small Groups – You may fill out a yellow paper from the Welcome Packet in the pew rack to be a part of one of our Small Groups that meet together to pray, study God’s Word, fellowship and reach out on a regular basis.
2017 Softball Information
(For field locations, click on the links below, either name or address.)
Thursday, June 22– 8:30 pm vs CLC at Oxford AA Field (Butch Dean)
*GPS Addresses and Additional Instructions for the softball fields where Mt. Vernon is scheduled to play. Click on a link (name of field or address) below:
Oxford AA Field (both Butch Dean and Old Gold fields): 1024 Hickory Hill Rd, Oxford, PA 19363 (This is just outside of Oxford boro limits; take Market Street/Rt. 472 out of Oxford toward Maryland, and it is on your right, just after Oxford Rd. angles left off of Rt. 472. As you drive in the lane, the Butch Dean field is to your left, and the Old Gold field is to your right. Most of Mt. Vernon’s games are played on the Butch Dean field.)
Little Britain Township Park: at 31 Green Lane, Nottingham, PA 19362 (Take Rt. 272 North from Nottingham, tuen left on Green Lane, park entrance is on the left)
New Garden Township: Use this address: 8934 Gap Newport Pike, Landenberg, PA 19350 (This is the address of the New Garden Township Police Department. The entrance to the softball field and the New Garden Township Park is on Rt. 41, immediately north of the police department. The softball field is “behind” the police department. You may need to “look around” to find it, but the softball field is there.🙂 )