Schedule Every Sunday
- Sunday School: 9:00-10:00 AM. Classes for infants through adults
- Worship Celebration: 10:15 AM. Nursery and children’s worship activities available. (Nursery for infants up to age 3. Children’s Worship is for children aged 3 up to 3rd grade.)
- Bowling– The Mt. Vernon Bowling Team will be playing every Monday evening at Timber Lanes in Oxford. Games begin at 6:45 pm.
- Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes– Our October Missions Project will be the OCC Shoeboxes. Boxes, along with labels, are available in the church lobby right now. Boxes are due back in to church on October 29.
- Missions Conference Weekend– The Mt. Vernon Missions Committee will be hosting another weekend with events geared towards missions. Here is a listing of the events being offered:
- October 20-Soup Night from 6:30-8:30 with Freddie & Rebecca Sekyewa, a missionary couple from Uganda
- October 22-Presentations during Sunday School (for youth and adults) & during Worship time
- Youth Fall Fest– The Jr. and Sr. High Youth will be hosting a Fall Fest on Sunday, October 22 from 3-6 pm. There will be games, food, a hayride, prizes, and more. Invite your family and friends! Any donations will be put towards a future youth missions trip.
- Fall Clean-Up Day– There will be an outside clean-up day on Saturday, November 4.
- Christmas Musical– The children and youth of Mt. Vernon will be putting on a Christmas Musical entitled “The Shepherd’s Story” on the evening of Saturday, December 2. Another performance will be shown during the worship service on Sunday, December 3.
- Small Groups – You may fill out a yellow paper from the Welcome Packet in the pew rack to be a part of one of our Small Groups that meet together to pray, study God’s Word, fellowship and reach out on a regular basis.
(For field locations, click on the links below, either name or address.)
*GPS Addresses and Additional Instructions for the softball fields where Mt. Vernon is scheduled to play. Click on a link (name of field or address) below:
Oxford AA Field (both Butch Dean and Old Gold fields): 1024 Hickory Hill Rd, Oxford, PA 19363 (This is just outside of Oxford boro limits; take Market Street/Rt. 472 out of Oxford toward Maryland, and it is on your right, just after Oxford Rd. angles left off of Rt. 472. As you drive in the lane, the Butch Dean field is to your left, and the Old Gold field is to your right. Most of Mt. Vernon’s games are played on the Butch Dean field.)
Little Britain Township Park: at 31 Green Lane, Nottingham, PA 19362 (Take Rt. 272 North from Nottingham, tuen left on Green Lane, park entrance is on the left)
New Garden Township: Use this address: 8934 Gap Newport Pike, Landenberg, PA 19350 (This is the address of the New Garden Township Police Department. The entrance to the softball field and the New Garden Township Park is on Rt. 41, immediately north of the police department. The softball field is “behind” the police department. You may need to “look around” to find it, but the softball field is there.🙂 )