Schedule Every Sunday
- Sunday School: 9:00-10:00 AM. Classes for infants through adults
- Worship Celebration: 10:15 AM. Nursery and children’s worship activities available. (Nursery for infants up to age 3. Children’s Worship is for children aged 3 up to 2nd grade.)
- Christ in the Marketplace…Wisdom for Everday Living – Saturday, Sept. 22 from 8:30am-12:45pm – A special one-day (one-morning) event with Pat Stillman and Ken Brown at Mt. Vernon (see bios below). (Click here to register. Remember to click “Submit” below the Comments box. We will confirm your registration by email.) Or, you may register (or address any questions) by contacting the church office at 717.529.6071, or email email@example.com. You may also register that morning; doing so earlier informs us better in preparing for the light lunch. There is no registration cost; donations are accepted. Thanks for your response.
- Schedule for this practical one-day event:
- 8:30 – Registration, coffee & pastries…and meet new friends
- 9:00 – *Christ in the Marketplace (***includes interaction)
- 10:15 – Break…networking
- 10:45 – **Wisdom in Everyday Living (***includes interaction)
- 12:00 – Light lunch…table talk, application, networking
- *Questions included for Christ in the Marketplace:
- What business principles have the greatest potential to make the greatest difference?
- What character traits would be most valuable in my leadership to encourage sustainable growth and effective team relationships?
- What principles could best guide my financial practices?
- What are some key personnel practices to most honor those working with me?
- **Questions included for Wisdom in Everyday Living:
- What are some recent lessons experienced in your daily life?
- How do you integrate healthy family living with enthusiastic engagement in the market place?
- What have been some of the greatest challenges you have faced, and what has helped you get through these?
- When you look long-range…really long-range, like even beyond this life-time…what do you see?
- ***Interaction…Bring your questions with you! We hope for many opportunities in the presentations and the break times for fruitful interaction.
- Additional bios of presenters for Christ in the Marketplace…Wisdom in Everyday Living:
- Patrick “Pat” Stillman loves the Lord Jesus and thrives on challenges. From sports (Division 1 & semi-pro football) to business (self-employed business owner/operator/investor and entrepreneur) to family life (married to Beulah for 53 years, with four children, 18 grandchildren, & one great-grandson) to non-profit ministry (Board member at Cairn University for 29 years), God’s grace and strength have carried Pat through many, varied experiences. A more recent diagnoses of a form of skin cancer has presented another challenge, and an opportunity to view and live life in growing gratitude and trust. God has blessed Pat with a love for wisdom, which applies both to the marketplace and everyday living.
- Ken Brown is President and CEO of MKT Metal Manufacturing in York, PA. In April of this year, MKT was named 2018 Manufacturer of the Year by the Manufacturer’s Association of South Central PA for “their contribution to the local community/economy, dedication to their employees, and active membership in the Manufacturers Association.” Ken and Pat are partners in this business, and share a desire to positively impact their communities, and to model a respect for others and a love for God. Ken and Deb enjoy their family of five children and four grandchildren.
- *Questions included for Christ in the Marketplace:
- Bowling – The bowling team will meet each Tuesday evening at 6:30 pm at Timber Lanes in Oxford, beginning on September 4. While the season has started, interested people are still welcome to communicate with Terry Fyock or Bernie Hostetter. (This experience could be right down your alley!…sorry…)
- Ladies Bible Study – “Discerning the Voice of God,” by Priscilla Shirer – Every other Friday, beginning at 9:30 am; childcare is provided – The next Bible study dates are: September 28, October 12, October 26, November 9
- Annual AMEC (Alliance of Mennonite Evangelical Congregations) Conference – Friday, October 19 through Sunday, October 21
- Fall Work Day – Saturday, October 27
- Missions Weekend – November 2-4
- Congregational Meeting – Wednesday, November 14 at 7 pm
- Small Groups – You may fill out a yellow paper from the Welcome Packet in the pew rack to be a part of one of our Small Groups that meet together to pray, study God’s Word, fellowship and reach out on a regular basis.0
(For field locations, click on the links below, either name or address.)
*GPS Addresses and Additional Instructions for the softball fields where Mt. Vernon is scheduled to play. Click on a link (name of field or address) below:
Oxford AA Field (both Butch Dean and Old Gold fields): 1024 Hickory Hill Rd, Oxford, PA 19363 (This is just outside of Oxford boro limits; take Market Street/Rt. 472 out of Oxford toward Maryland, and it is on your right, just after Oxford Rd. angles left off of Rt. 472. As you drive in the lane, the Butch Dean field is to your left, and the Old Gold field is to your right. Most of Mt. Vernon’s games are played on the Butch Dean field.)
Little Britain Township Park: at 31 Green Lane, Nottingham, PA 19362 (Take Rt. 272 North from Nottingham, tuen left on Green Lane, park entrance is on the left)
New Garden Township: Use this address: 8934 Gap Newport Pike, Landenberg, PA 19350 (This is the address of the New Garden Township Police Department. The entrance to the softball field and the New Garden Township Park is on Rt. 41, immediately north of the police department. The softball field is “behind” the police department. You may need to “look around” to find it, but the softball field is there.🙂 )