Schedule Every Sunday
- Sunday School: 9:00-10:00 AM. Classes for infants through adults
- Worship Celebration: 10:15 AM. Nursery and children’s worship activities available. (Nursery for infants up to age 3. Children’s Worship is for children aged 3 up to 3rd grade.)
- “Like” us on Facebook! Mt. Vernon now has a Facebook page, where you can keep up to date on events and see pictures of happenings at our church. Search for “Mt. Vernon Christian Church,” hit “Like,” and you should have access to all of our Facebook postings in your Newsfeed.
- Fantasy Football Draft– This Sunday, August 13, there will be a Fantasy Football Draft right after the worship service. If you are interested in participating, there is a sign-up sheet in the foyer. You may also let either Kurt Strohmaier or Justin Hostetter know of your interest.
- Missions Conference Weekend– October 13-15
- Youth Fall Fest– Sunday, October 22
- Small Groups – You may fill out a yellow paper from the Welcome Packet in the pew rack to be a part of one of our Small Groups that meet together to pray, study God’s Word, fellowship and reach out on a regular basis.
(For field locations, click on the links below, either name or address.)
The 2017 Softball season has just wrapped up. Thanks to all of the players for their hard work and participation, as well as all of Mt. Vernon’s supportive fans.
Many thanks to Coach…he will be greatly missed!
*GPS Addresses and Additional Instructions for the softball fields where Mt. Vernon is scheduled to play. Click on a link (name of field or address) below:
Oxford AA Field (both Butch Dean and Old Gold fields): 1024 Hickory Hill Rd, Oxford, PA 19363 (This is just outside of Oxford boro limits; take Market Street/Rt. 472 out of Oxford toward Maryland, and it is on your right, just after Oxford Rd. angles left off of Rt. 472. As you drive in the lane, the Butch Dean field is to your left, and the Old Gold field is to your right. Most of Mt. Vernon’s games are played on the Butch Dean field.)
Little Britain Township Park: at 31 Green Lane, Nottingham, PA 19362 (Take Rt. 272 North from Nottingham, tuen left on Green Lane, park entrance is on the left)
New Garden Township: Use this address: 8934 Gap Newport Pike, Landenberg, PA 19350 (This is the address of the New Garden Township Police Department. The entrance to the softball field and the New Garden Township Park is on Rt. 41, immediately north of the police department. The softball field is “behind” the police department. You may need to “look around” to find it, but the softball field is there.🙂 )